Sounds a bit odd, but it was delicious. Very moist and amazingly filling!
- 420 g can kidney beans or butter beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon water (the original recipe says "or coffee")
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 g raw cacao (or cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g Butter
- 5 eggs
- 140 g rapadura or coconut sugar
Puree the beans in your Thermomix, with the water/coffee, I egg and vanilla until smooth (speed 7).
Pour the mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
Without washing the bowl, beat the butter and sugar (speed 5) for 30 seconds.
Add the remaining eggs & beat for 20 seconds (speed 4).
Add bean mixture and mix (speed 4) 5 seconds.
Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend (speed 4) for 10 seconds.
Pour batter into greased ring tin pan and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).
You can also make it in muffin tins which take about 20 mins to cook.
Recipe from Thermomix Recipe Community: "Magic Bean" Chocolate Cake